Chapter 15, Verse 58
I awakened this morning with this Chapter and Verse going through my mind, so I decided to go to the Bible and read the verses above and the actual verse. It helps to read previous verses to gain proper context. Here is my take on what God was revealing to me.
The Verse Begins With “Therefore”.
I was always taught that if you see a “Therefore” you need to figure out what it is there for. Interesting!
The Apostle Paul writes this letter to the Church at Corinth. He begins this verse saying my Beloved Brethren, BE FIRM (Steadfast), IMMOVABLE, ALWAYS ABOUNDING in the WORK of the LORD (Always Being Superior, Excelling, Doing More Than Enough in the SERVICE of the Lord), Knowing and being Continually Aware that Your Labor in the Lord is not FUTILE (It Is Never Wasted or to No Purpose).
1. I am the Apostle Paul’s Beloved Brethren…as a christian I am in the Brethren purview.
2. Apostle Paul is telling the Church at Corinth to be FIRM (Steadfast), Immovable, always Abounding in the work of the Lord (Always Being Superior, Excelling, Doing More Than Enough in the Work of The Lord (Always Being Superior, Excelling, Doing More Than Enough In The Service of the Lord), Knowing and Being Continually Aware that Your Labor in the Lord is Not FUTILE ( It is Never Wasted or to No Purpose).
I am part of the Church as I have accepted Jesus Christ and the minute I did that I became part of the Church, so he is speaking to me. Let’s break it down further:
THE NEW WORLD DICTIONARY
Of The American Language (Second Edition)
- FIRM: Not Yielding Easily Under Pressure; Solid, Hard. (2) Not Moved or Shaken Easily; Fixed; Stable. (3) Continued Steadily. (4) Unchanging; Resolute; Firm Command. (5.) Showing Determination; Strength, etc.
I think that the Amplified explains and breaks down most of the Verse until you get down to Futile…let’s break that word down further:
- FUTILE: That could Not Succeed; (2) Useless; Vain; Hopeless. (3) Lacking Vigor or Purpose; Inept or Ineffective.
I love to break down words a little further so as to be clear about what I am being commanded to do. I want a full, clear understanding of what is being stated.
The APOSTLE PAUL
“WANT’S ME TO BE FIRM AND NOT FUTILE
IN THE WORK OF THE LORD”
In Other Words, The Purpose for The Scripture On My Mind This Morning,
“I’m Being Encouraged By God”
- ENCOURAGE: To give courage, hope or confidence to; Embolden; Hearten. (2) To Give Support to; Be Favorable To; Foster; Help.
I love puzzles. My Grandfather always told me to pay attention to what comes on your mind or stays on your mind, like a Song, a Bible Verse, etc. It’s like God throws out crumbs in a trail so you can figure out what He is doing. I Love It!
“I HOPE I HELPED SOMEONE TODAY”