“CAN WOMEN SPEAK IN THE CHURCH”?
“REMEMBER THE CHURCH IS THE BODY OF BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST”
“NOT THE DENOMINATION, ORGANIZATION, OR TRADITIONAL BELIEFS”
“LET US LOOK AT THE WORD OF GOD ‘ONLY’ FOR OUR ANSWERS”
I WAS LISTENING TO MY FAVORITE SPEAKERS, on my Christian Channels, when I came across a couple of women speakers and this was their subject. I grabbed my Bible and began doing a check behind them and found out they were speaking truth.
I grew up Holiness, (not affiliated with anyone, and I never heard anyone speak in tongues); To me, they were more like Old Time Southern Baptists. I have been in similar denominations throughout my life. I also know the differences in belief between the denominations…I just go by the Word of God…What did Jesus say to the Jews:
13) Thus you are Nullifying and Making Void and of No Effect (The Authority of) The Word of God through your Tradition, Which you (in Turn) Hand On.
And Many Things of This Kind You Are Doing.
The Holy Bible Amplified Version
I Love and listen to the Baptist, Presbyterians and many others as long as they teach the Word of God. As I study the Word of God I can delete what is Not in the Word of God.
My husband moved around with his various jobs so I had to Trust God Alone to Teach or place me where I could be taught His Word. I seem to have been taught a lot of tradition mixed into The Word of God, as The Word of God.
I respect Traditions unless they are represented as The Word of God and I think this teaching in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 has been misrepresented by many in the church and taught wrongly. Now that I have your attention, I might as well trudge ahead with what I have learned:
Amplified Version of The Holy Bible
11) THE LORD GIVES THE WORD (OF POWER); THE WOMEN WHO
BEAR AND PUBLISH (THE NEWS) ARE A GREAT HOST.
Amplified Version of The Holy Bible
26) For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through Faith.
27) For as Many (of you) as were Baptized into Christ
(into a spiritual union and communion with Christ, the Anointed One,
The Messiah) Have Put on (clothed yourselves with) Christ.
28) There is (now no distinction) neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither Slave nor Free, there is Not Male and Female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29) And if you belong to Christ (are in Him Who is Abraham’s Seed), then you are Abraham’s offspring and (spiritual) Heirs according to promise.
REGARDING A RESPONSUM OR RESPONSA:
LATIN, FOR A WRITTEN REPLY BY A RABBI OR TALMUDIC SCHOLAR
TO AN INQUIRY ON SOME MATTER OF JEWISH LAW.
At the beginning of Every Book of The Holy Bible, there is a Commentary explaining the History of that Particular Book. Now with 1 Corinthians, this was a Letter to the Corinthian Church in Response to Various Questions Asking for Counsel from The Apostle Paul. Ignorance, not Stupidity played a part here. The Apostle Paul does not give this particular question much of his time. His answer is Short and to the Point.
*****Now, for the question that started the teaching that women could not speak in the church. Remember, this is a letter Responding to Questions from The Corinthian Church. The Beginning of The Book of Corinthians Says:
THE FIRST LETTER OF PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS
1 CORINTHIANS 14:34-37
King James Version of The Holy Bible
(A QUESTION TO THE APOSTLE PAUL:)
34) Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
35) And if they will learn anything , let them ask their husbands
at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
(THE APOSTLE PAUL’S RESPONSE:)
36) WHAT? came the Word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
37) If any man think himself to be a Prophet, or Spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
38) But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
THEN, THE APOSTLE PAUL CONTINUES HIS RESPONSE TO
THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE BEFORE VERSE 34.
He acts surprised that they would even ask him such a question, especially as Jesus appeared first in Mark 16:9-10 to Mary Magdalene and she Reported it to those who had been with Him and in verse 11) And when they heard that He was alive and that she had seen Him, they did not believe it.
It was women in Luke 24:4-10 who encountered Two Angels (the women were Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James and the other women with them who Reported these things) and the women went back and Reported all of these things to the eleven Apostles and to all the rest. And you have all the women who were Judges, Prophets, etc in the Old Testament. Pick up your Bible and Read for yourself. I am not a Women’s Liber and never have been…I believe the Word of God without tradition or changing it to what I want…it speaks for itself!
“HAVE A HAPPY BIBLE STUDY”