The Reason Behind The Season
ISAIAH Chapter 9: 6, 7
The Holy Bible, Amplified Version
(6) For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulders, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father (of Eternity), Prince of Peace, (Isa, 25:1; 40:9-11; Matt.28:18; Luke 2:11.)
(7) Of the increase of His government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and over his Kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from the (latter) time forth, even forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. (Dan. 2:44; 1 Cor. 15:25-28 Heb. 1:8.)
ISAIAH 53: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
The Holy Bible, Amplified Version
(4) Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains (of punishment), yet we (ignorantly) considered Him stricken, smitten and afflicted by God (as if with leprosy). (Matt. 8:17.)
(5) But He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement (needful to obtain) peace and well-being for us was upon Him and with the stripes (that wounded) Him we are healed and made whole.
(6) All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has made to light upon Him the guilt and iniquity of us all. (1 Peter 2:24, 25.)
(7) He was oppressed, (yet when) He was afflicted, He was submissive and opened not His mouth; like a lamb is led to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.
(8) By oppression and judgment He was taken away; and as for His generation, who among them considered that He was cut off out of the land of the living (stricken to His death) for the transgression of my (Isaiah’s) people, to whom the stroke was due?
(9) And they assigned Him a grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in His death, although He had done no violence, neither was any deceit in His mouth. (Matt. 27:57-60; 1 Peter 2;22, 23.)
(10) Yet it was the will of the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief and made Him sick. When You and He make His life an offering for sin (and He has risen from the dead, in time to come), He shall see His (spiritual) offspring. He shall prolong His days, and the will and pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.
(11) He shall see (the fruit) of the travail of His soul and be satisfied: by His knowledge of Himself (which He possesses and imparts to others) shall MY (uncompromisingly) righteous One, My Servant, justify many and make many righteous (upright and in right standing with God), for He shall bear their iniquities and their guilt (with the consequences, says the Lord).
(12) Therefore will I divide Him a portion with the great (kings and rulers), and He shall divide the spoil with the mighty, because He poured out His Life unto death and (He let Himself) be regarded as a criminal and be numbered with the transgressors; yet He bore (and took away) the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors (the rebellious). (Luke 22:37.)
This is The Reason For Christmas!
Jesus said He did Not Come To Condemn Us as We Were Condemned Already,
Jesus Came To Save Us!!!
And, I am One of His Spiritual Children or Offspring,
Thank You Jesus!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Happy New Year!