PSALM 23:1-6, THE MESSAGE BIBLE
(1-3) God, my Shepherd! I don’t need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to Your Word, You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.
(4) Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I’m not afraid when You walk at my side. Your trusty Shepherd’s Crook makes me feel secure.
(5) You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing.
(6) Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I’m back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.
PSALM 23:1-6, The Message Bible
My average day is full of things to do. As I was running around doing this and that, the Love subject kept roaming through my thoughts. When a subject keeps coming to mind, I pay attention! These are some love questions that scripture clarified for me.
The Question Is, How Does Love Pertain To:
- Soldiers in a war situation:
Soldiers have to fight, and they have to kill. The government sends them into situations to eradicate the enemy. The scriptures do not say do not kill, it is, do not do murder. We are not to love to kill, but do not hate as you kill those like: ISIS and situations of Self-Defense. Many Soldiers struggle with the morality of being a soldier. Soldiers are to protect their country and people and only kill if necessary.
- A Father and Mother’s Love of their Children:
They are to Protect, Feed, Clothe, Discipline and Provide Shelter, Kindness and Care. To help that child to not only survive, but achieve a better life, if possible.
- A Child’s love of parents:
A Child should show their love to their parents, by showing respect for them and obeying them. Of course, there are exceptions for those parents on drugs, abusive, or lacking in care of raising children.
- Love of Animals?
The scriptures tell us that a good man takes care of his animal’s and that is it!
- Love of Everyone?
I am to care about others as I do myself…that sums it up in a sentence!
I find the Fathers love for me in the 23rd Psalm shows me such care, provision, discipline, rest and a mission. Also, everywhere I go He will go with me and take care of me in any situation! What a wonderful God! He is the pattern of love!
“We Are A Work In Progress”
“Let’s Not Be So Hard On Ourselves”